What We Do
Founded in 1964, we are an all-volunteer organization from the local community. We provide direct assistance to cancer patients for prescriptions, medical supplies, food supplements, prostheses, transportation costs, respite care, special equipment, COBRA payments, utilities, etc. When insurance coverage is insufficient, costs of this type can be financially devastating to the patients as well as their families.
There are several reasons why we started the South Jersey Cancer Fund to serve cancer patients and their families in Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland Counties:
We have all been touched by this disease in some manner.
We want those fighting cancer in our community to know their friends and neighbors care about them and their fight.
We want funds available for distribution year round.
Over 95% of the funds raised go directly to the patient needs. Monies come from direct contributions, individual memorials, and fundraising events throughout the year. Thanks to our supporters, we have been able to provide aid to hundreds of cancer patients over the years.
- November 2019 – Every Breath Counts 5 K Walk/Run -Margate, NJ
- November 2019 – Monday Night Football Fundraiser – Cove Restaurant, Brigantine, NJ
- October 2019 – Hammonton Cancer Foundation Dinner, Winslow Manor, Hammonton, NJ
- September 2019 – Jimmies Birthday Fundraiser – Wonder Bar, Atlantic City, NJ
- August 2019 – 19th Annual Angel Night sponsored by the Christina Rush Foundation,
- August 2019 – 30th Annual Golf Tournament sponsored by the Carpenters Union Local 255
- July 2019 – Autism Gives Back Car Wash
- June 2019 – Hammonton Cancer Foundation’s 6th Annual “Walk for Our Neighbors”
- May 2019- “Night at the Races” – Mays Landing Country Club